DEPARTMENT OF UPPER GI SURGERY
The Gem Hospital is one of the most advanced Centers for Upper GI diseases, Gastro-Intestinal Surgery and Minimal Access Surgery in India. The Centre carries out all major Upper GI procedures by Laparoscopic, Robotic or Open approach including cancer surgery. Our department is headed by one of the most renowned surgeons in the field of Upper GI and Laparoscopic surgery who is not only a leading surgeon in the country but is also an international faculty in the field of upper GI and laparoscopic surgery. Our hospital has performed more than 1000 esophagus and stomach cancer surgeries successfully. Ours’s is the first center to perform thoraco laparoscopic esophagectomy in prone position in the world and our technique is now being followed in some of the major centers in the world.
Department Of Upper GI Surgery
(Stomach and Esophagus)
DEPARTMENT OF UPPER GI SURGERY
OUR DEPARTMENT IS
- Centre of excellence for Reflux Disease Management (GERD)
- Centre of excellence for esophageal cancer management
- Centrer of excellence for stomach cancer management
Benign Esophageal diseases
- Esophageal diverticula
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Achalasia cardia
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Peptic stricture
Malignant Esophageal diseases
- Esophageal carcinoma
Benign stomach disorders
- Acid peptic disease
- GERD and Hiatus hernia
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor
- Gastric volvulus
- Gastric perforation
- Gastric outlet obstruction
- Diaphragmatic hernia
Malignant stomach disorders
- Carcinoma stomach
- Best Paper Award, “viii International Congress On Endoscopic Surgery, Peru 2012
- Best Technique Award, 12th World Congress of Esophageal Diseases, Japan 2010
- First in the world to develop a newer technique for removal of cancer of esophagus, 2010
- Best EAES Video Award & First Prize, Congress of European Association of Endoscopic Surgery, Sweden 2008
- Invited to Hongkong to demonstrate live surgery in Asia Pacific Congress – ELSA 2006
- American College of Surgeons Annual Congress 2005, Best Video Award
- Curative operation for the commonly occurring cancer in Indian population, American College of Surgery, Sanfrancisco, 2005, Best Video Award.
- Presented in Society of American Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons (SAGES), USA, 2005
- Invited to deliver a key note lecture in Japanese association, Tokyo, 2006 Great Honor bestowed on him by Japanese Society.
- Conducted International Conference on Diseases of Esophagus and Stomach (ISESCON) successfully in 2017 and 2018
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication for Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Laparoscopic Nissen’s fundoplication
- Laparoscopic Toupet fundoplication
- Laparoscopic Dor fundoplication
- SILS Fundoplication
- Laparoscopic Heller’s cardiomyotomy for Achalasia cardia .
- Laparoscopic Redoheller’s Cardiomyotomy.
- Laparoscopic Esophagectomy for Sigmoid Esophagus in End stage Achalasia Cardia.
- Laparoscopic Esophagectomy for corrosive and peptic strictures
- Laparoscopic Management of Hiatal Hernia.
- Laparoscopic Management of Paraesophageal Hernia.
- Thoracolap Esophagectomy( Iwor Lewis/McKeown )for Carcinoma Esophagus.
- Laparoscopic Transhiatal Esophagectomy.
- Laparoscopic Excision Of benign Esophageal lesions like leiomyomas, GIST.
- Laparoscopic Truncal Vagatomy with Gastrojejunostomy for Benign GOO.
- Laparoscopic Highly selective vagatomy for refractory peptic ulcer disease.
- Laparoscopic Antrectomy/Billroth 1 for complicated peptic ulcer disease
- Laparoscopic transgrastric surgery for benign lesions of stomach.
- Laparoscopic wedge resection of stomach.
- Laparoscopic Surgery for gastric volvulus.
- Laparoscopic Excision Of GIST Of Stomach
- CLEAN –NET Combination of Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Approaches to Neoplasia for Early Gastric Cancer.
- Laparoscopic Proximal Gastrectomy.
- Laparoscopic Distal Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Total Gastrectomy for Carcinoma Stomach..
- Laparoscopic palliatve Gastrojejunostomy for Malignant GOO.
- Endoscopic Palliative stenting for malignant GOO.
- Laparoscopic segmental resection of duodenum.
- Laparoscopic Feeding Jejunostomy